The primary duties of a Billing Assistant are to provide clerical support services to the billing teams for all aspects of the billing process. This position supports the department by printing and mailing claim forms, appeal forms, invoices and Physician Certification Statement (PCS) forms, or other printed medical necessity forms such as crossovers.
- Review narrative in the Accounts Receivable Billing System if indicated on printed forms to assess any special handling requirements.
- Process and maintain data into reports and tracking mechanisms (e.g. Excel, Proof of Mailing Logs).
- Process and prepare batch printing and sorting of paper claims, retrieve records from imaging system, and Prepare documents for imaging; Assemble priority boxes
- Hand Addressing
- Print, review and process forms and invoices for accuracy and completeness; Lifting mail machine to retrieve mail
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Six (6) months previous experience in a clerical work environment or medical office experience.
- PC knowledge including Outlook and Microsoft Office programs.
- Some knowledge of Medical transportation processes and Language and medical terminology on a PCR, Hospital Face Sheet, and/or other documentation.
- Understanding of Legal requirements regarding subpoenas and requests for records.
- Proficient in the accounts receivable billing system and internet tools.
- Some Imaging System Knowledge.
- Integra Connect, LLC provides a comprehensive benefits plan.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance beginning the 1st of the month following your date of hire
- 401k with employer match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays and Floating Holiday
Equal Opportunity Employer
|Job Category||Billing Administration|