This is a in office position and must be local to Phoenix, Arizona.*
The Healthcare AR Follow Up Representative is responsible for the follow-up on all private pay and commercial insurance claims. This role entails the resolution of unpaid accounts in a timely and efficient manner for multiple geographical areas.
- Review, modify as necessary, and re-bill rejected/denied claims in “queue” by assigning appropriate insurance carrier, utilizing the billing address and/or payor prefix.
- Process “queues” within appropriate timeframes, (e.g. claims status checks, appeals of denied claims).
- Recode private pay, commercial insurance and HMO claims, assigning proper condition codes/ICD-9 codes/procedure codes into the Accounts Receivable Billing System and re-file claims as necessary.
- Update appropriate modifiers, based on origin and destination of trip and change insurance claims as necessary.
- Create narrative in the Accounts Receivable Billing System to document status of trip for use in claim appeal process.
- Ensure that charges are billable to a particular commercial payor, based on the payor’s criteria, as needed; Resolve payment issues with carriers.
- Resolve payment issues with carriers, (e.g. denials, partial payments, etc).
- Appeal claims as necessary.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must pass new-hire and department-specific testing.
- Minimum one (1) year previous medical billing experience preferred, ambulance billing experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Terminology on a PCR, Hospital Face Sheet, and/or a CAD Sheet.
- Proficient in the Accounts Receivable Billing System and Internet, (e.g. Internet mapping programs, eligibility websites, address search engines).
- Understanding of Government coverage guidelines, filing limits and necessary prior authorizations; knowledge of Payor-specific requirements for one or more geographical areas and/or financial classes.
- Able to make Distinctions between ALS/BLS/SCT/Gurney/Wheelchair/CCT levels of service.
- Knowledge of ICD-9 coding/condition codes and procedure codes.
Integra Connect, LLC provides a comprehensive benefits plan.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance beginning the 1st of the month following your date of hire
- Paid Time Off
- 401k with employer match
- Paid Holidays and Floating Holiday
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Integra Connect, we are committed to providing a safe and secure environment for our job applicants. Unfortunately, scammers may attempt to impersonate our company to deceive individuals seeking employment. We take this matter seriously and want to ensure your job search with us is free from any fraudulent activity.
Integra Connect has become aware of recent, fraudulent recruitment activity being conducted by individuals or groups who claim to be third party recruiters and/or points of contact for our Company. Examples include sending candidates a request for personal information, conducting online interviews or meetings, making offers of employment, demanding money for employment related services and activities, or asking the applicant to purchase a laptop or other work-related equipment for the job. The aim of the fraud is to obtain personally identifying information (e.g., identity theft) and/or money. The Company’s name, as well as the names of employees, are used to try to convey authenticity.
Here are some tips to help you identify and avoid job scams:
1. Always Check the Source:
Ensure that the job listing is on our official website or a reputable job board. Our official domain is https://www.integraconnect.com/resources/careers/. Be cautious of unsolicited emails, text messages, or social media messages offering job opportunities.
2. Be Wary of Requests for Personal Information:
We will never request sensitive personal information like your Social Security number, bank details, or payment for onboarding/equipment. If you encounter such requests, it’s likely a scam.
3. Verify Contact Information:
Check that the contact information provided in the job posting, including email addresses and phone numbers, aligns with our official contact information. Scammers often use generic or non-company email addresses.
- What is the sender’s email address? Is it consistent with other job postings from this company? Email addresses that are slightly different from any business’s primary contact information (“Jane.Doe@IntegraConnect.org” vs “John.Doe@Integra Connect.com”) are a common warning sign.
- If you are contacted through LinkedIn, be sure to review the entire profile to verify their credentials.
If you suspect that a job offer is fraudulent, we recommend that you do not respond to it.
If you believe you are the victim of any fraudulent activity, you can report it to the appropriate authorities at https://www.myfloridalegal.com/consumer-protection/how-to-protect-yourself-job-listing-and-job-search-firms (Florida Department of State) and/or https://consumer.ftc.gov/articles/job-scams#report (U.S. Federal Trade Commission).
Integra Connect is not responsible for any fraudulent offers and advises prospective candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Integra Connect. We look forward to connecting with genuine, talented individuals like you.