The Vice President of Operations provides direction and oversight to the EMS Revenue Cycle Solutions regional leadership team and their subordinates. This position will manage the budget and enforce established policies and procedures to meet Revenue Cycle objectives. The VP ultimately ensures the timely and accurate billing of ambulance transports, analyzes trends to improve operational effectiveness, and reduces accounts receivables across the regional landscape.
- Lead day-to-day operations and broad scoped work assignments focused on maximizing quality and production processes; initiate development of new approaches to streamline existing processes, reorganize work, implement new technologies, and improve resource utilization
- Utilize reporting tools to track global key performance indicators (KPIs) and monitor and manage overall collections performance.
- Respond to Client Operations and finance team with appropriate analysis and executive-level communications, highlighting: performance, costs, and effectiveness of the billing and collections function; Work closely with client leadership.
- Manage and optimize regional financial performance, including labor costs, inventory levels and production planning.
- Continually monitor the regulatory environments to ensure that payors evolving reimbursement structures, documentation requirements, and other requirements are evaluated and necessary changes in policies and procedures (and systems) are made within EMS.
- Ensure training and quality standards, as well as resources, are in place for designated departments.
- Ensure overall performance of the region, hold directors and managers accountable for their staff’s performance as well as the manner in which they performance manage staff members.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Healthcare Management or related fields or equivalent work experience required; MBA preferred
- Five (5) years’ experience in healthcare revenue cycle management at the director level or above, preferred; Managerial experience in a high volume transaction-oriented business preferred.
- This position requires up to 30% travel, including domestic and international trips.
- In depth knowledge of Medical care/medical transportation (patient care issues, how patients are transported by ambulance, required documentation, common issues which arise during transport and/or billing).
- Knowledge of Healthcare billing, collections and other support functions including: audit, patient complaint, grievance processing, bid preparation, regulatory compliance; Thorough understanding of rules/regulations of Medicare/Medicaid and other government payors as well as commercial insurers and specialty contracts.
- Working knowledge of hospital processes, including functions and processes of Emergency Rooms and Admissions offices, Hospital information systems and data stored and prominent functions (Admissions, Medical Records, Order Entry, Discharge Planning, Patient Accounting).
- Knowledge of HIPAA, Sarbanes-Oxley, regulatory compliance, auditing practices, and other critical governmental regulations.
Integra Connect, LLC provides a comprehensive benefits plan.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance beginning the 1st of the month following your date of hire
- 401k with employer match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays and Floating Holiday
Equal Opportunity Employer
|Job Category||Revenue Management|