The Supervisor, Facility Revenue Management is responsible for supervising the assigned staff to ensure the efficient and effective day-to-day operations of the billing department’s activities and enforcing established policies and procedures. The Supervisor will ensure the prompt collection of fees through the appropriate billing, follow-up, and escalation of collections issues along additional responsibilities within the revenue cycle as needed. As the supervisor, this position will be the point of contact for internal business units.
- Review, comprehend, and distribute revenue cycle tasks to AR Representatives.
- Review completed fact sheets for accuracy in order for fee schedules to be set up accurately. Ensure proper fee schedule set-up in JAGUAR.
- Review Pre-Invoice Review Report and/or invoices for high profile accounts prior to generating and mailing to ensure correct billing prior to printing and mailing.
- Run, review and distribute all necessary reports including the monthly delinquent report (Operation Call Sheets and MOR).
- Serve as the primary point of contact for internal stakeholders.
- Send request for final approval on delinquent accounts and final approved collection packets to collection agency.
- Follow through on all bankruptcy notices.
- Spend time with employees to review accounts, tasks, and obstacles.
- Manage employee timecards and paid time off (PTO).
- Participate in the process to hire, promote and terminate employees.
- Associates Degree in the healthcare industry, business or finance and/or related working experience preferred.
- Two (2) years prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Prior collections experience required.; Knowledge of Hospice, DRG’s, PPS, Medicare, Medicaid Insurance and/or contract billing guidelines preferred.
- Knowledge of medical transportation or healthcare billing guidelines required; previous medical transportation or healthcare business experience preferred.
- Individual must have strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task multiple projects
- Ability to perform duties within tight time constraints while handling large volumes of work.
Integra Connect, LLC provides a comprehensive benefits plan.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance beginning the 1st of the month following your date of hire
- 401k with employer match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays and Floating Holiday
Equal Opportunity Employer
|Job Category||Revenue Management|