The Data Engineer provides leadership and expertise in aspects of healthcare data analysis. Responsible for expanding and optimizing clinical/claims data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems, and products. In this role, assistance with optimizing or re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives may be required.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using various technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency, and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the Product, Data Operations, Analytics, Development and Business Unit teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs. Translate business and functional requirements into technical specifications and delivery plans.
- Ensure secure data separation and secure across multiple data environments.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Identify areas for technical improvement, adopt new data management technologies that enable data-driven decision making for the organization.
- Analyzes, evaluates, and recommends solutions to ensure successful acquisition of clinical and claims data supporting analytics projects and products.
- Define and improve upon processes for gathering, storing, reporting, and sharing data and reporting/analytics across the organization.
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems, or another quantitative field. They should also have experience using the following software/tools:
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: MS Azure Data Factory, Kafka
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- Machine Learning (ML) and Natural Language Processing (NLP) technology: Data Robot, Classification, Regression.
- Salesforce, Confluence and JIRA.
- Proficiency with SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures, and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, and workload management.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Oncology data experience, preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of health care and delivery system processes.
- Must have requisite content knowledge related to program outcomes evaluation, BI tools (e.g., Business objects), data visualizations tools (e.g., Tableau), statistical software such as SAS and Modeling techniques, SQL Server, as well as general health service research and outcomes reporting/analytics.
- Knowledge of health care delivery systems, claims data, and medical terminology.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, pivot tables, Microsoft Access and other data reporting and reporting tools.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills including ability to bridge technical and clinical subject matter disciplines across various knowledge levels and to convey complex information clearly and concisely.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, ability to validate own work. Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
Integra Connect, LLC provide a comprehensive benefits plan.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance beginning the 1st of the month following your date of hire
- Paid Time Off
- 401k with employer match
- Paid Holidays and Floating Holiday
Equal Opportunity Employer