A User-experience (UW) Designer is able to understand the business requirement and any technical limitations, then translating research into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes and protoypes for the best and most seamless user experience possible. The UX Designer will also be expected to design the over functionality of the product, and in order to ensure a great user experience, iterate upon it in accordance with user-testing and feedback. The UX Designers primary role is to ensure that the entire user experience of the system works, which covers aspects of content, structure, technology and visual design.
- Work with IC and Design leadership to strategize on project priorities and business goals.
- Establishing, updating and promoting design processes, guidelines, best practices and standards.
- Establish, update and promote the deliverables to development, product management and business.
- Conceptualize, define, and implement design ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to the complex problems and functionality within the product overall.
- Ensure the user experience of the system works, including content, structure, technology and visual design according to the goals of the users, product management, and the business.
- Conduct user research to analyze, evaluate, and validate user needs, preferences, objectives, working methods, and user feedback to continue the overall betterment of the product.
- Translate that user research, behavior, and workflows into the media structure by creating and using wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, user flows to effectively communicate your interaction and interface design ideas and solutions.
- Prepare interaction specifications, navigation rules, organization of information, and site maps documents that coordinate with the established business, technology, visual, and brand strategies.
- Continually keep yourself and your design team updated with the latest design trends in and industry standards by tracking research regarding web design and usability.
- 6+ years of experience and proven track record in a related design field with sensitivity on user-centered design.
- Proficiency in MS Office products, wireframing tools, InVision or equivalent prototyping tool.
- Proficiency in Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, or other visual design tools a plus.
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Strong portfolio to be presented and defended during interview.
- Experience working with teams in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Collaboration with other teams to integrate site concept, visual design, writing, interface, and navigational structure; documenting structure and processes.
- Understand design and hierarchy principles to appropriately structure areas of the product.
- Hands-on experience creating wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, user flows, etc.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively.
- Be open to receiving objective criticism and improving upon it.
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders.
- Experience in health care industry a plus, but not required.
- ** Ability to do your own UI / graphic design work a plus.
- ** Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies a plus.
- Integra Connect, LLC provides a comprehensive benefits plan.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance beginning the 1st of the month following your date of hire
- Paid Time Off
- 401k with employer match
- Paid Holidays and Floating Holiday
Equal Opportunity Employer