This position will provide exceptional service, while ensuring service level agreements (SLA) are met and revenue cycle is managed appropriately. This role requires maintaining a positive relationship by promoting the Integra Connect suite of products and services.
The Revenue Recovery Coordinator requires strong communication skills and the ability to maintain a positive relationship with our clients and workforce (domestic/global). This role requires critical thinking, problem solving, and analytical skills to identify trends and propose innovative solutions. Must exhibit strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Provide support to assigned clients and understand the clients’ operating requirements, including overall claims expectations and metrics. Conduct analyses to investigate ongoing or onetime operational issues.
- Serve as point-of-contact for complaints or complicated accounts. Review and respond to claims escalated by the client’s compliance, operations, or advocate team.
- Perform daily, weekly, and monthly reviews and analyses using operational metrics and reports to identify areas of improvement. Communicate identified trends and proposed resolutions with leadership.
- Proactively research and resolve problems, communicate trends, and proposes solutions for client and/or operational improvement. Exhibit expert knowledge regarding the products and services offered. Inform clients of new available services or updates to existing ones.
- Partner with multiple levels of management and departments to maximize the efficiency of the billing process and accuracy of claims adjudication.
- Complete special projects as assigned, the specifications of a project are satisfied, regular status updates are provided, and quality standards are met.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Five (5) years of medical billing experience required with a demonstrated ability to evaluate data, navigate payor adjudication systems and track record of effectively liquidating accounts receivables balances to cash; medical transportation billing experience a plus.
- Experience leading and/or working with global team required.
- Possess strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills; ensures efficiency and quality standards are met.
- Ability to effectively utilize proprietary accounts receivable billing system and internet tools, (e.g., internet mapping programs, eligibility websites, address search engines). Effective in research skills to identify non-conventional methods to penetrate third party payor organizational structure and identify key decision makers.
- Technical knowledge of revenue cycle management principles, including working knowledge of cash posting processes, medical record guidelines, coding, and accounts receivable follow-up (e.g. HCPCS, CPT, ICD codes). In depth knowledge of payor adjudication processes especially regionalized nuances.
- Knowledge of HIPAA requirements, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements, PHI, PCI, and compliance regulations.
Integra Connect, LLC provides a comprehensive benefits plan.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance beginning the 1st of the month following your date of hire
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays and Floating Holiday
Equal Opportunity Employer
|Job Category||Revenue Cycle Solutions Management|