The Support Services Manager works with assigned staff to ensure an efficient, smooth, and effective day-to-day operations of the clerical teams while adhering to budget and enforcing established policies and procedures. Provides direction and oversight of the Supervisory team and their subordinates. The Manager will ensure the timely and accurate billing of services provided, analyze trends and promote excellent working relationships with internal and external clients. The Support Services Manager will perform comprehensive evaluation of external vendor solution proposals and provide recommendations to RCM leadership team to further improve operating efficiency and workflow.
- Continually monitor the regulatory environments to ensure documentation and other requirements are evaluated and necessary changes in policies, procedures, and systems are made.
- Establish and maintain open communication with internal and external customers, including but not limited to other service providers, local operations and clients.
- Monitor goals, resolve billing issues and ensure accurate and timely processing of work product.
- Recommend staffing needs based on workload, known and forecasted. This would include use of temporary labor and overtime hours to meet unexpected changes in workload.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures, including information systems security.
- Interact with compliance to ensure proper interpretation and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Attend information systems security training, when offered. Know and follow systems security policies and procedures. Report information systems security problems.
- Champion affirmative action efforts in all aspects of employment, including but not limited to staffing, training, and promotions. Hire, promote and terminate employees per Company policy.
- Monitor and manage employee performance, (e.g., enforcement of standard operating procedures, measuring, monitoring and providing feedback regarding productivity and quality). Meet with employees to discuss productivity results and ensure that sufficient monitoring of staff work occurs and that training is available to those who require it.
- Prepare management reports communicating project status, critical issues and potential pitfalls.
- Delegate appropriately to subordinates; communicate clearly and thoroughly expectations regarding all delegated work. Set goals jointly with subordinates; clearly communicate goals and objectives; monitor them regularly through counsel and documentation.
- Mentor employees, provide opportunities for exposure for additional responsibilities and subject areas. Facilitate individual and team development. Mentor and counsel assigned personnel.
- Ensure all assigned staff’s adherence to company policy and procedures. Perform investigations and resolve complaints when necessary. Address and resolve employee relations issues with the assistance of the Director and Human Resources.
- Seek advice/feedback from superiors when necessary, (e.g., reconfirm priorities, resolve resource conflicts, and approve budget variances, counsel difficult employees).
- Represent Integra Connect or assigned department on committees, work groups, or task forces and attend pertinent functions as requested or required.
- Analyze trends and render adjustments to team priorities and operations, to increase efficiencies.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, or Healthcare related field, preferred
- Five (5) years of medical billing experience required; medical transportation billing experience preferred. Three (3) years if previous mentoring and/or supervisory experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Equipment and Physical requirements
- Occasional light lifting (paper files, office equipment)
- Occasional extended work days
- Accounts Receivables and management principles
- Communicate effectively, (both orally and in writing) in English
- HIPAA requirements
- Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements
- Medical terminology
- Medical billing processes (e.g. HCPCS, CPT, ICD-9, Condition Codes)
- Perform basic arithmetic calculations with efficiency and accuracy
- Process of required signature and paperwork compliance
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Proficient with the Accounts Receivable Billing System and internet tools, (e.g., internet mapping programs, eligibility websites, address search engines)
- Ability to manage private pay, commercial insurance, HMO and government claims in the Accounts Receivable Billing System
Integra Connect, LLC provides a comprehensive benefits plan.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance beginning the 1st of the month following your date of hire
- Paid Time Off
- 401k with employer match
- Paid Holidays and Floating Holiday
Equal Opportunity Employer
|Job Category||Management, Revenue Cycle Solutions Management|