The Revenue Cycle Manager leads and works with assigned staff to ensure an efficient and effective day-to-day operation within the Revenue Cycle Solutions Pod Department. This position provides direction and oversight of the supervisory team and their staff, manages department budget, and sees that established policies and procedures are adhered to. Operationally, the manager will ensure the timely and accurate billing and collections of services provided, analyze trends, and maintain excellent working relationships with internal and external clients.
- Serves as a point of contact for internal and external customers to include but not limited to patients, other service providers, local operations and pre-billing staff for high priority issues and situations.
- Partner with clients to ensure complete and accurate billing of claims.
- Develop action plans to decrease accounts receivable (AR) and days sales outstanding (DSO) while increasing cash collections.
- Ensure accurate system setup for payors and contracts. Interact with payors to resolve issues and stay abreast of payor changes in regulations.
- Review data, reports, and statistical information, analyze trends and render adjustments to team priorities and operations to increase efficiencies.
- Prepare management reports communicating project status, critical issues and potential pitfalls.
- Analyze, respond to and communicate any unusual trends; Changes in level of service, negative documentation trends, outstanding inventory, error reports, changes in cash receipts/deposits or write off totals, and increases in outstanding AR.
- Review local, state and federal regulations on a monthly basis for updates and changes to ensure claims are billed in compliance with carrier policies.
- Represent PBS or assigned department on committees, work groups, or task forces and attend pertinent functions as requested or required; Assist other teams and departments to improve inter- and intra-departmental functions and participate in initiatives to create or modify Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Set goals jointly with direct reports and staff; clearly communicate goals and objectives; monitor them regularly through counsel and documentation.
- Recommend staffing needs based on workload, known and forecasted. This would include use of temporary labor and overtime hours to meet unexpected changes in workload; Manage employee timecards and paid time off (PTO) within the established timeframe.
- High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, or Healthcare related field, preferred.
- Five (5) years of medical billing experience required; medical transportation billing experience preferred.
- Three (3) years if previous mentoring and/or supervisory experience preferred.
- Work occasional extended work days as needed.
- Working Knowledge of Accounts Receivables and management principles; Ability to Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest and percentages.
- Working Knowledge of Payor specific requirements for Cash, Records, Coding, Private Insurance, Government and Contracts departments (Medicare, Medicaid, and other healthcare regulations).
- Proficient with the Accounts Receivable Billing System and internet tools, (e.g., internet mapping programs, eligibility websites, address search engines); Ability to manage private pay, commercial insurance, HMO and government claims in the AR Billing System.
- Thorough understanding of Medical transportation and billing processes (e.g. HCPCS, CPT, ICD-9, Condition Codes).
- Knowledge of HIPAA requirements, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements, and process of required signature and paperwork compliance.
Integra Connect, LLC provides a comprehensive benefits plan.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance beginning the 1st of the month following your date of hire
- Paid Time Off
- 401k with employer match
- Paid Holidays and Floating Holiday
Equal Opportunity Employer