We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer who will have responsibilities involving designing, testing, planning, implementing, protecting, operating, managing and maintaining our company’s data. The Data Engineer will join our Master Data Management team and will engage with development teams, architects, product management and DevOps to configure and tune our data ecosystem. In particular, a tight relationship with DevOps will be expected so as to monitor processes over time.
Integra Connect is in the midst of a significant technology transformation, including a move from SQL Server to Snowflake, as well as the implementation of other components of a modern tech stack, all of which will impact our database environment. Data is at the heart of Integra Connect’s work, and clean, scalable, flexible, efficient and accessible data re core to our mission. The Data Engineer will review database designs and provide advise and guidance regarding optimization for performance and scalability. The Data Engineer will be an inspiring leader and champion in automation. This role will provide second-level support to address any platform-wide performance and stability issues.
- Assist with schema design, code review, SQL query writing.
- Analyze production workloads and develop strategies to run Snowflake database with scale and efficiency. Develop Snowflake capacity and utilization plan. Work with DevOps to right size our Snowflake warehousing engines. Tracking storage utilization over time.
- Compare equivalent data in SQL Server vs Snowflake.
- Lead all aspects of database security both at infrastructure and application level.
- Tune performance; understand and improve performance impact of Snowflake queries over time. Identify system level bottlenecks in the database and recommend/implement solutions.
- Articulate and implement Snowflake standard methodologies and find inventive way of implementing them. Make administration changes in Snowflake as needed.
- Execute evaluations of data quality, both technical and content (clinical).
- Ability to program in Python or other object-oriented languages as needed.
- 5+ years’ experience in relational, cloud-based database technologies like Snowflake, SQL Server
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with data migration to Snowflake from traditional databases like SQL Server or Oracle or from cloud data warehouses like Redshift
- Experience working with Master data Management
- Experience with and knowledge of clinical data, particularly in the oncology domain
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; need to be able to communicate complex technical skills to a variety of audiences
- Easily design and implement a business process into functional and efficient code
- Implement and manage company data management practices and policies
- Administer, manage and tune databases, particularly Snowflake, Oracle RAC, SQL Server or MySQL
- Good understanding of data and schema standards and concepts, database design, implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance
- Expertise in SQL
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Team player
Integra Connect, LLC provides a comprehensive benefits plan.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance beginning the 1st of the month following your date of hire
- Paid Time Off
- 401k with employer match
- Paid Holidays and Floating Holiday
Equal Opportunity Employer
|Job Category||Technology Development|