The Informaticist/Data Analyst provides leadership and expertise in aspects of healthcare data analysis; serves as a liaison between the Data Operations, Clinical Operations and Product/Business Owners. The Informaticist/DA collaborates with customers throughout the ingestion, transformation, and use of clinical and claims data. Components of this role include assisting with interpretation, implementation, support, issue resolution, and optimization of clinical and claims data sources.
- Translate clinical content needs into technical requirements working with clinical operations, data science, product management, and development teams.
- Verify quality of data (compliance with format and completeness).
- Work with clients to update extractions and ensure timely delivery of data where data extracts are owned by clients.
- Identify areas for technical improvement, adopt new data management technologies that enable data-driven decision making for the organization.
- Create and document appropriate processes to escalate and resolve issues, complete documentation for operational and customer details within Integra Connect.
- Participates in facility and corporate committees and/or projects as clinical informatics expert.
- Support teams to structure data and analysis to analyze issues and identify improvement opportunities.
- Monitors, audits, and reports on adoption process to identify trends. Collaborates with appropriate teams to formulate corrective actions for identified needs.
- Analyzes, evaluates, and recommends solutions to ensure successful acquisition of clinical and claims data supporting analytics projects and products.
- clinical processes/workflows and clinical applications and systems.
- Maintains knowledge of clinical workflows; EHR/HIE and other healthcare technology functionality and capabilities; current trends and issues in healthcare; regulatory and accreditation requirements; meaningful use requirements.
- Define and improve upon processes for gathering, storing, reporting, and sharing data and reporting/analytics across the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Informatics or related discipline required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Master’s Degree in Health Informatics or related discipline, preferred.
- Must possess a comprehensive knowledge of Health Informatics, a minimum of five (5) years of experience in a Health Informatics or related role, and experience with clinical information systems and health information technology.
- Oncology data experience, preferred.
- Certification from a national informatic professional organization, preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of health care and delivery system processes.
- Strong written and oral communication skills including ability to bridge technical and clinical subject matter disciplines across various knowledge levels and to convey complex information clearly and concisely.
- Experience working with data scientists and software engineers and contributing clinical knowledge to development and analysis efforts.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to validate own work. Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Must have requisite content knowledge related to program outcomes evaluation, BI tools (e.g., Business objects), data visualizations tools (e.g., Tableau), statistical software such as SAS and Modeling techniques, SQL Server, as well as general health service research and outcomes reporting/analytics.
- Remain current in health policies and regulations, as well as changes or enhancements to potential data sources, code sets, terminologies, and ontologies.
- Knowledge of health care delivery systems, claims data and medical terminology.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, pivot tables, Microsoft Access and other data reporting and reporting tools.
Integra Connect, LLC provides a comprehensive benefits plan.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance beginning the 1st of the month following your date of hire
- Paid Time Off
- 401k with employer match
- Paid Holidays and Floating Holiday
Equal Opportunity Employer