The Pharmacy Technician will assist external clients in the implementation of technical systems, software, hardware or solutions. This individual will evaluate client needs, develop configurations that support business processes and define and execute on delivery and implementation plans. The Pharmacy Tech will lead the implementation effort (directly or in combination with other team members) to ensure a clinically relevant approach to client engagements and training resulting in successful go live, user adoption and competency (knowledge acquisition)
- Provide clinically relevant acumen to identify and define operational issues of our clients and best configure the system to remedy such issues.
- Ensure the solution meets specifications and functions per customer specific operational workflow for multiple concepts, users, and service models.
- Participate in staff training on the use of the new solution, and take the site live on the system after everything has been configured and everyone has been trained. Answer operational and application questions and consult the client in a manner to transfer account to Product Support team.
- Adhere to deployment/project schedules and effectively meet timelines.
- Provide on-site go-live support and works with the support team to provide guidance on helpdesk best practices
- 5+ years’ experience as a Pharmacy tech within an acute care, ambulatory or practice setting
- Associates Degree from an approved Pharmacy Technician program or successful completion or current enrollment in NPTA’s IV Certification Course and successful completion of an ACPE-accredited course on sterile products/aseptic technique
- 5+years’ experience required within direct healthcare information technology, providing electronic healthcare product, project, design, development, implementation and management, within major EMR products
- Prior consulting / client facing experience required
- Deep clinical, operational and financial understanding of order sets, care plans, regimens, Oncology specific drugs and prescribing protocols, Pharmacy workflow, best practices
- Demonstrated knowledge of practice operations including scheduling, registration, preauthorization’s, COB, physician and nursing documentation standards and best practices
- Previous implementation, process improvement, training and support of clinical applications
- Previous experience as a clinical IT Liaison for Pharmacy
- 5 years previous experience in clinical oncology operations and EMR configuration
- Previous Community Oncology experience
Integra Connect, LLC provides a comprehensive benefits plan.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance beginning the 1st of the month following your date of hire
- Paid Time Off
- 401k with employer match
- Paid Holidays and Floating Holiday
Equal Opportunity Employer