The Financial Counselor meets with patients to review copays, coinsurance, OOP and old balances. They assist patients in obtaining assistance to help them pay for the portion deemed the patient’s responsibility by their insurance. Performs job duties and responsibilities in compliance with company policies and procedures. Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
- If patient can’t afford treatment then explore patient assistance programs/copay cards that patient may qualify for; complete application/financials in a timely manner; follow up on application/financials on a weekly basis until approved/denied.
- Meet with patients starting new/changed treatment to review their financial responsibility and have patients sign cost estimate form.
- Complete QCL’s in a timely manner/prior to or on due date.
- Collect all patient amounts due for current service being rendered at time of service.
- Collect all patient balances immediately; follow designated payment plan guidelines and use SBP to set-up payment plans if patient can’t pay entire balance immediately.
- Confidently assist patients with questions regarding charges, payments, balances or credits in a prompt/timely manner.
- Call patients with balances or amounts due 24 hours prior to their appointment.
- Review/assess ledger to update/fix cost estimates as needed in a timely manner, quarterly and annually.
- Verify insurance benefits if needed.
- Call patients from yesterday’s schedule to collect payment missed at time of service.
- Work add-ons to the schedule on a daily basis.
- RadOnc FC will assist with radiation therapy authorizations as needed.
- Complete daily logs maintaining 3 days out consistently.
- Communicates professionally and effectively with management, physicians, co-workers and team members; promotes a team-oriented work environment; assists team members as needed.
- All conversations/meetings with patient or about patient needs to be documented in a
patient account note accurately and in a timely manner.
- Complete all daily, weekly and monthly checklists.
- Must be able to type and work on a computer.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor, administrator, or physicians.
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of chemotherapy related drugs, supplies utilized and SNF, LTC and Hospice in relation to insurance benefits
- Knowledge of governmental, legal and regulatory provisions related to collection activities
- Ability to use office equipment, intermediate computer skills
- Able to be in a seated position, talk on the phone, repetitive keyboard usage and clarity of vision at 20 inches or less
- Minimum of 3 years in the healthcare reimbursement field
Integra Connect, LLC provides a comprehensive benefits plan.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance beginning the 1st of the month following your date of hire
- 401k with employer match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays and Floating Holiday
Equal Opportunity Employer
|Job Category||Revenue Cycle Solutions Management|