The Facility Contracts Coordinator performs the accurate and timely billing of ambulance transports. Determines codes and “level of service,” based on information provided on the Patient Care Report (PCR) and accurately bills. Provides recommendations to management to improve processes. Generates and/or utilizes tracking reports. Assists management team in daily work completion and delegation of work assignments to staff. Serves as a resource to staff and backup to management.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures, including information systems security.
- Assist in resolving issues with challenging accounts or patient complaint accounts.
- Assist management to audit charges based on contract requirements.
- Handle sensitive accounts to ensure accuracy in both billing and follow-up as assigned.
- Ensure appropriate billing with both facility contract and Veterans Affairs (VA) accounts.
- Assist pre-billing team in the field with information necessary to obtain outstanding authorizations prior to billing the appropriate facility.
- Assist with cash application issues such as misapplied payments, adjustments, transfers, or un-located funds.
- Attend information systems security training, when offered.
- Follow all HIPAA policies and procedures.
- Handle accounts that are sensitive or require special handling.
- Know and follow systems security policies and procedures.
- Obtain reports, documents or other information as requested at the direction of management.
- Participate in the analysis of current processes and contribute to efforts designed to improve them.
- Participate in the review of AR to identify the root cause(s) of adverse trends.
- Participate in and lead training.
- Review new or updated SOPs and arrange training as needed. Initiate changes to or create local SOPs as required.
- Recommend changes to improve efficiency and processes.
- Report information systems security problems.
- Responsible for processing and approving of “Patient Merge” and “Trip Transfer” accounts.
- Review region specific reports, payor audits, level of service audits, write off review, medical necessity audits or escalations, and participate in any necessary SOX or compliance related audits.
- Review requests for system set up changes from staff to ensure compliance with SOP and Billing Administrator requirements. Forward acceptable requests to management for completion.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Other duties as assigned and/or as indicated in a standardized task list outlined by management.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Associate’s Degree or certificate of completion from a medical billing school preferred.
- Two (2) years of medical billing, medical transportation or healthcare billing experience.
- Knowledge of the Accounts Receivable Billing System and related processes conducted within EMS billing required.
- Previous mentoring and/or supervisory experience preferred.
Integra Connect, LLC provides a comprehensive benefits plan.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance beginning the 1st of the month following your date of hire
- Paid Time Off
- 401k with employer match
- Paid Holidays and Floating Holiday
Equal Opportunity Employer
|Job Category||Facility Billing|