Under general direction of Vice President of Operations, this role will develop and manage scientific and medical writing content to support pharmaceuticals, biotech, and life sciences live meetings, market research initiatives and real-world data based projects. The Medical Communications Director, Clinical Oncology will serve as an oncology clinical resource for the development of clinical materials and implementation of medical, outcomes, quality improvement, and market research across multiple pharma clients. These clinical medical writing projects include, but are not limited to: Medical Advisory boards and Market Research initiatives, quality improvement programs (QI), literature reviews, abstracts and posters for presentation and peer-reviewed publications.
- Provide clinical support including literature search and evaluation/contextualization and medical writing support for health economic and outcomes research (HEOR) activities and real world data projects, live quality improvement programs and scientific meetings, market research initiatives including live meetings and 1:1 research activities with HCPs.
- Serve as a clinical liaison between the Integra Connect project teams and external client health economics outcomes research (HEOR) and analytics teams during relevant projects
- Serve as the primary researcher on literature review engagements on all assigned Integra Connect projects within Life Sciences
- Creates and executes action plans to advance Oncology projects focused on physician engagement, allocating work and anticipating or identifying and resolving problems to drive client satisfaction
- Assumes responsibility for on-time and on budget delivery of Oncology projects, while maintaining high-quality standards in communication and collaboration, internally and externally
- Assist in the development and sharing of medical writing and publication best practices to ensure and maintain the highest quality output consistent with Integra Connect mission and vision
- Support goals for Life Sciences business unit/service line growth
- Ensures timeliness, accuracy, and completeness of all services assigned
- Serve as the primary writer for peer-reviewed publications including manuscripts and conference abstracts and posters (authorship opportunities exist, but cannot be guaranteed), and white papers in Oncology
- Develop and format content for clinical and scientific presentations (in MS PowerPoint) in oncology
- Advanced clinical degree (e.g. MD, PharmD, BSN) in a relevant discipline as the minimum educational requirement with at least a few years of practical experience. Board certification in Oncology is desirable.
- Strong clinical skills, with extensive knowledge of Oncology/hematology therapy area
- Strong writing skills, with a demonstrated record of scientific/medical publication
- Familiarity with clinical trial design and statistics and their application to the interpretation and presentation of clinical data
- Detailed knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry and experience with issues surrounding the marketing of pharmaceutical products in the global marketplace to include the design and use of health economics and outcomes research (HEOR) studies
- Detail-oriented and experienced with fact-checking and copy-editing
- Structured and well organized with excellent work ethic
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and maintain high quality work output in a fast- paced dynamic environment while working on multiple projects
- Functions well in a team atmosphere
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate complex material in presentations and discussions in a straightforward manner
- Ability to network and partner with important external customers, including pharmaceutical companies, medical thought leaders, academic institutions, large group practices, medical directors and pharmacy directors
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and associated software
Integra Connect, LLC provides a comprehensive benefits plan.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance beginning the 1st of the month following your date of hire
- 401k with employer match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays and Floating Holiday
- Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer
|Job Category||Management, Medical Writing|