The Director, Governance will provide a full-range of support and leadership for the governance program. This position will report to the VP, Operational Improvement and be part of the team responsible for implementing and applying a formal governance framework across multiple functional areas and operational stakeholders. The position will effectively set standards and support an overall governance program strategy to track and control change decisions while allowing for swift and nimble decision-making across the EMS organization. This position will also work closely with management personnel in a national and global forum on providing analysis studies on billing activities in accordance to the company’s Standard of Operating Procedures.
This position will also be responsible for supporting and leading internal operational improvement initiatives as well as external consulting engagements while applying a governance framework.
- Implement and support a formal change management process to ensure that all SOPs and other documents are maintained, organized, and executed upon in accordance with the established policies.
- Monitor state and federal regulations that affect EMS reimbursement and policies at a global level and implement SOP changes as necessary.
- Maintain oversight for compliance with internal standard operating policies, government contracting requirements, and applicable rules and regulations, and work closely with the training and QA teams to address issues.
- Oversee the establishment of policies, and continuous monitoring of their implementation, with counsel from operational stakeholders and members of the governance committee.
- Challenge the effectiveness of the company’s Standard of Operating Procedures, local market documents, and other applicable materials.
- Develop recommendations to reduce redundancies and create efficiencies.
- Build and nurture positive working relationships with Integra Connect stakeholders with the intention to exceed stakeholder expectations.
- Act as a liaison between the Technical Writers and Integra Connect stakeholders on key control and procedure issues.
- Provide guidance and leadership to the Technical Writers with prioritization and monitoring of workload to ensure proper focus.
- Develop vendor management, monitoring, and oversight.
- Support coordination of internal and external audits that fall outside of QA responsibility.
- Provide direct leadership and oversight for key process improvement initiatives.
- Establish formal communication and feedback loops to align with the governance framework structure.
- Initiate internal audits, as necessary, to identify and mitigate potential risk.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Healthcare Management or related fields or equivalent work experience required; MBA preferred.
- Five (5) years management experience in healthcare billing and collections, at the Manager level or higher, required; Managerial experience in a high-volume transaction-oriented business preferred.
- This position requires up to 30% travel, including domestic and international trips.
- Ability to manage multiple project, competing priorities, and changing deadlines.
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills.
- Knowledge of Healthcare billing, collections and other support functions including: audit, patient complaint, grievance processing, bid preparation, regulatory compliance; Thorough understanding of rules/regulations of Medicare/Medicaid and other government payors as well as commercial insurers and specialty contracts.
- Knowledge of HIPAA requirements, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements, and process of required signature and paperwork compliance.
Integra Connect, LLC provides a comprehensive benefits plan.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance beginning the 1st of the month following your date of hire
- 401k with employer match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays and Floating Holiday
Equal Opportunity Employer