We are looking for an experienced Database Administrator who will have responsibilities involving designing, testing, planning, implementing, protecting, operating, managing and maintaining our company’s databases. The DBA will join our Master Data Management team and will engage with development teams, architects, product management and DevOps to configure and tune our data ecosystem. In particular, a tight relationship with DevOps will be expected so as to monitor database performance over time.
Integra Connect is in the midst of a significant technology transformation, including a move from SQL Server to Snowflake, as well as the implementation of other components of a modern tech stack, all of which will impact our database environment. Data is at the heart of Integra Connect’s work, and clean, scalable, flexible, efficient and accessible data re core to our mission. The DBA will review database designs to ensure that they are optimized for performance and scalability. The DBA will be an inspiring leader and champion in automation. This role will provide second-level support to address any platform-wide performance and stability issues.
- Assist with schema design, code review, SQL query tuning. Install, tune, implement and upgrade DBMS installations. Write and deploy SQL patches. Upgrade and improve application schema and data upgrades.
- Analyze production workloads and develop strategies to run Snowflake database with scale and efficiency. Develop Snowflake capacity and utilization plan. Work with DevOps to right size our Snowflake warehousing engines. Tracking storage utilization over time.
- Compare equivalent data in SQL Server vs Snowflake.
- Lead all aspects of database security both at infrastructure and application level.
- Tune performance; understand and improve performance impact of Snowflake queries over time. Identify system level bottlenecks in the database and recommend/implement solutions.
- Articulate and implement Snowflake standard methodologies and find inventive way of implementing them. Make administration changes in Snowflake as needed.
- Execute evaluations of data quality, both technical and content (clinical).
- Ability to program in Python or other object-oriented languages as needed.
- 5+ years’ experience in relational, cloud-based database technologies like Snowflake, SQL Server.
- 2+ years’ experience in Snowflake relational, cloud-based databased technology.
- B.S. in Computer Science or MIS.
- Experience with data migration to Snowflake from traditional databases like SQL Server or Oracle or from cloud data warehouses like Redshift.
- Experience working with Master data Management.
- Experience with CTE and SQL Stored Procedures and converting them to SnowSQL.
- Experience with and knowledge of clinical data, particularly in the oncology domain.
Integra Connect, LLC provides a comprehensive benefits plan.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance beginning the 1st of the month following your date of hire
- Paid Time Off
- 401k with employer match
- Paid Holidays and Floating Holiday
Equal Opportunity Employer
|Job Category||Technology Development|