Integra Connect offers integrated, cloud-based technology and solutions for value-based specialty care. Connecting EHR, revenue cycle management, care coordination and medication therapy management, and intelligence to support alternative payment models, Integra Connect provides specialty practices with the foundation for success in a rapidly evolving healthcare landscape. The Integra Connect solution, developed by specialists, for specialists, enables specialty healthcare practices to provide financially sustainable, quality care and thrive in today’s value-based reimbursement environment.
The Data Scientist will be a key team member responsible for analyzing health care data from Electronic Medical Records, health claims, pharmacy claims and genomics data for Oncology, Urology and other patients. This position will work to generate insights, predictive analytics and create novel products for Pharma, Biotech and the Healthcare sector in the Precision Medicine space. Come join one of the hottest companies that is revolutionizing healthcare!
Role and Responsibilities
- The Data Scientist will contribute to proof of concept product prototypes for Pharma and healthcare providers, by analyzing health data, analytic programming (R, Python, or SQL) and visualization tools (PowerBI).
- Collaborate closely with the Cloud and Database teams to transform curated healthcare claims (part B, Part D, CMS and payer); electronic health record, pharmacy dispensing, patient-reported outcomes, primary market research and other source data types into high value information/knowledge to satisfy required project output for pharmaceutical, diagnostics, device manufacturers.
- Therapeutic areas include oncology and urology, but potentially also rheumatology, immunology and more. This role includes both engagement with data assets and domain experts.
- The Data Scientist will attend key (scientific/medical) conferences; identify emerging trends; contribute to publications and collaboratively support the expansion of ILS Analytics in the US and global markets.
- Conduct and oversee scientific projects culminating in scientific abstracts and peer reviewed papers.
- PhD (or similar) degree and peer reviewed papers or other demonstrable scientific/analytical expertise.
- Oncology expertise from a scientific, medical or pharmaceutical background with basic understanding of the mechanism of oncology, basic analytics (e.g. survival analysis) and common therapies (chemo, IO etc).
- Experience analyzing healthcare data (including oncology medical claims, remits, EMR, payor claims).
- SQL (or similar) database language required. Should be able to extract data from relational databases and generate analytics in SQL.
- PowerBI experience preferred, or other similar visualization/BI tools (Tableau, QlikView, etc.).
- Modest travel required to attend conferences (up to 10%).
Preferred skills (not required):
- Experience building (computational) models for cost of care on healthcare data.
- Experience with MACRA/OCM/MIPS /APM and other Value based Care models.
- Understanding of statistics and health analytics (e.g. Kaplan-Meier).
- Experience with NGS Assay providers (Foundation Medicine, Caris, Guardant, Tempus etc.)
- Machine Learning experience.
- Extensive Medical/Scientific writing experience, including conference abstracts.
- Experience with using pseudo-endpoints for outcome e.g. PFS for OS.
- Author or co-author on peer reviewed publications.
- Statistical programming in R (or Python/Perl etc.) and intermediate understanding of statistics.
- HEOR study design, Decision Support and Population Health analysis.
- Pharma/Biotech experience.
- Experience with common clinical data models (e.g. OMOP, SDTM) and ontologies (e.g. Snomed).
- Experience with Azure, AWS or other cloud vendors.
- Software development and/or Agile Methodology experience (e.g. as a Product Owner).
- Product Management/Development experience.
- Genomics and Bioinformatics experience.
- Understanding of oncology and/or urology physician practice, disease treatment considerations and its application to interpretation/conversion of healthcare data.
- Preferred qualities: pro-active, collaborative, creative, energetic, positive, tinkerer, curious, open.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance beginning the 1st of the month following your date of hire
- 401k with employer match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays and Floating Holiday
|Job Category||Data Analysis|