We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer to join our team. You will use various methods to transform raw data into useful data systems, focusing on the quality and integrity of the data so as to increase its value for use in clinical market solutions. For example, you will create and execute processes for managing exceptions and integrating diverse source systems. You will take part in new client implementations as we ingest and rationalize potentially novel or non-standard inputs. Enhancing data quality will be your north star. Overall, you will strive for efficiency by aligning data assets with business objectives.
To succeed in this data engineering position, you should have strong analytical skills and the ability to combine data from different sources. Data engineer skills also include familiarity with several programming languages and knowledge of learning machine methods.
Additional responsibilities will include assuming a leadership role in Data Governance and Data Stewardship. Integra Connect is a rapidly growing company, and this position holds potential for mentoring and overseeing the work of additional Data Engineers, Ontologists and Clinical Data SMEs going forward.
The ideal candidate will have responsibilities involving designing, testing, planning, implementing, protecting, managing and evolving our company’s databases. The Data Engineer will join our Master Data Management team and will engage with development teams, architects, product management and DevOps to configure and tune our analytic data ecosystem.
Integra Connect is in the midst of a significant technology transformation, including a move from SQL Server to Snowflake. Data is at the heart of Integra Connect’s work, and clean, scalable, flexible, efficient and accessible data are core to our mission. The Data Engineer will be an inspiring leader and champion in the ongoing growth and improvement in the value of our data assets.
- Leveraging database management tools, machine learning, programming code and external reference data, continuously lead Integra Connect in enhancing and improving our data assets
- Manage exceptions so as to enable business and technical colleagues to perform systemic or point corrections / enhancements
- Compare equivalent data in SQL Server vs Snowflake.
- Take a lead role in the implementation and management of data ontologies / taxonomies / reference data
- Execute evaluations of data quality, both technical and content (clinical).
- Ability to program in Python or other object-oriented languages as needed.
- 5+ years’ experience in relational, cloud-based database technologies like Snowflake, SQL Server
- B.S. in Computer Science or MIS
- Experience working with Master Data Management, Data Governance and Data Stewardship
- Experience with and knowledge of clinical data, particularly in the oncology domain
- (Preferred) Experience with and knowledge of data ontologies/taxonomies such as ICD, SNOMED, RxNorm, LOINC, or others
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; need to be able to communicate complex technical skills to a variety of audiences
- Easily design and implement a business process into functional and efficient code
- Implement and manage company data management practices and policies
- Good understanding of data and schema standards and concepts, database design, implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance
- Expertise in SQL
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Team player
Integra Connect, LLC provides a comprehensive benefits plan.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance beginning the 1st of the month following your date of hire
- Paid Time Off
- 401k with employer match
- Paid Holidays and Floating Holiday
Equal Opportunity Employer