The Customer Service Escalator is responsible for escalated patient AR and account issues. This includes incoming and outgoing calls as well as communication through fax, email, and mail. Incumbent is responsible for establishing the means by which an account will be paid. Escalated AR would include sensitive accounts and/or specialized locations that required additional assistance. Special reporting and projects would be assigned as needed.
- Answer incoming /outbound customer service telephone calls, verifying and updating account demographics and taking appropriate action within the billing system to resolve the account/accounts during the initial (first) contact, while adhering to Compliance/HIPAA regulations and internal protocols.
- Maintain a courteous and professional demeanor. Answer questions, process information obtained from the caller and process customer complaints appropriately within the AR management system.
- Make and receive escalated calls from other team members, take appropriate action to resolve patient concerns in a timely manner.
- Review previous notes and documentation about the patient’s account, understand the nature of the patient’s charges and medical information on file, and billing history to provide guidance to the caller regarding their account.
- Take accurate and complete notes, add any additional documentation received into accounts for reference so that it is accessible by all other users.
- Inbound/outbound call audits must score a minimum of 95% overall passing score, and an individual audit must score a minimum of 90%.
- Reviews correspondence received by mail, by e-mails, or by fax and does appropriate research, provides follow up steps for resolution, and completes all tasks in a timely manner
- Assist with account billing review and follow up on private pay billing plans and private pay aging.
- Familiarize and follow corporate policy and procedures.
- High school diploma/GED
- 1 year of customer service or sales experience.
- Type 35 wpm.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of medical billing processes/or health care billing guidelines is strongly preferred.
- Pleasant Telephone etiquette.
- Have a customer focused mindset.
- General working knowledge of PCs and/or patient accounting computer systems. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel for Windows.
- Able to handle a large volume of work.
- Organized and detail oriented with ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks at once.
Integra Connect, LLC provides a comprehensive benefits plan.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance beginning the 1st of the month following your date of hire
- Paid Time Off
- 401k with employer match
- Paid Holidays and Floating Holiday
Equal Opportunity Employer
|Job Category||Customer Service, Revenue Cycle Solutions Management|