The Contracts Coordinator is responsible to follow up with contracted facilities and patients transported as a result of a contract. This position handles all aspects of billing the facilities, inclusive of coding through following up and collections. Contract Coordinators will determine and enter appropriate contract codes into the AR Billing System, update the facility diary and billing guide, ensure proper processing, and work directly with clients regarding payment.
- Oversee collection activities in the billing system of line level reps to maintain quality (e.g. denials, appeals, requested information, account status). Note account with trip comments, follow up and then forward to collection plan for review and processing. The Facility Diary and AR Follow-up will be used to note facility billing and follow up activity.
- Handle escalations related to payment issues from line level reps
- Attend, prepare, and present data at client meetings.
- Manage special Facility AR to include: Review/Work Facility Aging Reports, Review POD/Operational calls prior to presentation, Resolve Cash Issues, and Queue Special projects as assigned
- Review UCR Contract and File Maintenance Request Forms for accuracy.
- Communicate between billing staff and collections department to pull from collection requests.
- Generate Pre-Invoice, Unfiled, Collection Plan Audit and POLR Reports for Contract Representatives.
- Train facility representatives
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 2 years of medical billing experience or 1 year of Integra RCS experience
- Understanding of Medical transportation processes, medical terminology and insurance terminology, and payor-specific requirements for multiple state facilities and/or financial classes
- Knowledge of Language and terminology on a PCR, Hospital Face Sheet, and/or a CAD Sheet
- Working knowledge of contracts and comprehension of contract fact sheets (contract terms, rates, billing address, timely filing terms, etc.)
- Proficiency with the Integra Connect AR Billing System and Internet tools, e.g. Internet mapping programs, eligibility websites, address search engines
- Definitions of and distinctions between ALS/BLS/SCT/Wheelchair levels of service; ICD-9 coding/condition codes and procedure codes
- Understanding of HIPAA requirements
Integra Connect, LLC provide a comprehensive benefits plan.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance beginning the 1st of the month following your date of hire
- Paid Time Off
- 401k with employer match
- Paid Holidays and Floating Holiday
Equal Opportunity Employer