The Clinical Terminologists (ICD-10 Coding Expert) supports ICD-10 use based on the federally released SNOMED-CT to ICD coding map, augmenting the federal map to meet agency-specific ICD-10-CM requirements. The content delivered helps support the electronic health record and related applications. This position is part of a team that evaluates, plans, and executes efforts to extend the scope and quality of customer terminologies. This position will assist in curating our data infrastructure, data model and technology that enable us to analyze health care data from Electronic Medical Records, health claims, pharmacy claims, practice management and genomics data. This allows us to generate insights, predictive analytics and novel products for our customers, who include provider practices, pharma, biotech and others in the healthcare ecosystem.
- Focus on the mapping of a wide variety of data sources to our extended data model
- Works and communicates with software engineers, clinical specialists, product analysts, test engineers, in identifying appropriate terminology standards and mapping of customer terminologies to these standards.
- Assists the Ontoloigist with establishing a data map for new and existing systems, distinguishing between different data types, interaction methods and controls
- Formulates sequences of SNOMED-to-ICD conditional mapping rules, which apply patient/visit-specific parameters (age, sex, trimester, etc.) to generate the appropriate suggested reimbursement codes. Works with engineers to automate the generation of such rules to the extent possible.
- Addresses requests for ICD-10-CM clarification or assistance, as needed by customers, engineers and business owners.
- Enhance data hierarchies, data mapping and documentation (such as data dictionaries) to best support product lines
- Design optimal approaches for exchanging data (either raw or enhanced) bi-directionally with our own EHR, with “foreign” EHRs and using a variety of extract formats
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, data analytics, data management or related domains, or equivalent professional experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with SNOMED-CT, preferred. Experience with electronic health records and terminology, health care processes and the data flow of the delivery of care.
- Strong knowledge in reviewing and interacting with an electronic health record
- Knowledge of administrative code sets, particularly ICD-10-CM; the relationship between SNOMED CT and ICD-10-CM in National Library of Medicine (NLM) mapping files; and general awareness of CPT, HCPCS, DSM-5 and LOINC
- Ability to identify and articulate principles that underlie current and emerging ICD10-CM coding rules and best practices for various coding situations. Will need to recommend and rationalize the handling of various complex situations in light of the Electronic Health Record (EHR) system
Integra Connect, LLC provides a comprehensive benefits plan.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance beginning the 1st of the month following your date of hire
- Paid Time Off
- 401k with employer match
- Paid Holidays and Floating Holiday
Equal Opportunity Employer