The Cash Refund Representative will research accounts, make telephone calls, complete adjustments/payment transfers as needed. Representative will research and resolve returned refund checks, research and process UTL (Unable to Locate), pre approve refunds, work designated cash queues, process credit card, work unclaimed property and complete manual refund requests as needed.
- Pre approve refunds.
- Process returned refund checks.
- Process manual check requests as needed.
- Work UTL as assigned.
- Process all adjustments through cash workbins and spreadsheets.
- Process timely refunds to credit cards
- Research issues and questions received from other departments.
- Transfer payments as necessary completing proper paperwork for cash sheets.
- Post adjustments and write off reversals from A/R Follow up when necessary.
- Process refunds as necessary.
- Process unclaimed property as assigned.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Work credit balance reports as assigned.
- Adhere to and comply with information systems security. Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- High school diploma or GED required. Associates Degree or certificate of completion from a billing and coding school preferred.
- One (1) year prior related office work experience required. Previous cash receipts experience preferred.
- Possess excellent working knowledge of team objectives, duties, tasks, processes and production.
- Medical transportation and billing processes.
- Terminology on a Patient Care Report (PCR), Hospital Face Sheet, and/or a Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) Sheet.
- Insurance terminology.
- Medicare, Medicaid/Medi-Cal, private insurance billing guidelines.
- Payor-specific requirements and guidelines for Cash Department preferred.
- HIPAA requirements
- Proficiency in the Accounts Receivable Billing System and internet tools, (e.g., internet mapping programs, eligibility websites, address search engines).
- Communicate effectively, (both orally and in writing) in English.
- Add, subtract, multiply, divide and handle complex calculations with efficiency and accuracy.
- Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest and percentages.
- Accurately key dollar amount, check numbers, check dates, account names, batch numbers, and other data into patient account notes, the Accounts Receivable Billing System, spreadsheets and other tracking mechanisms.
- Cash refunds, batch management, cash reports and journal balancing.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Read and comprehend health insurance Explanations Of Benefits (EOB).
Integra Connect, LLC provides a comprehensive benefits plan
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance beginning the 1st of the month following your date of hire
- Paid Time Off
- 401k with employer match
- Paid Holidays and Floating Holiday
Equal Opportunity Employer