The Cash Reconciliation Specialist’s primary responsibility will be the daily and monthly balancing of cash to ensure deposits and posted cash balances. As a result, this position will be required to create and maintain cash reports, and identify and report any payment issues or discrepancies to the Cash Posting Manager.
- Update and maintain daily/monthly cash reports; Verify and record deposits, bank adjustments, and transfers.
- Balance lockbox, deposits and record information on cash report.
- Run system report throughout the month to ensure posted cash balances to daily deposits.
- Review and communicate necessary corrections on all cash variance (e.g. balance, date, posting, etc.) communicate posting errors to staff/Management for correction.
- Post payments/denials to patient accounts accurately and balance all checks when necessary.
- Accurately key dollar amount, check numbers, check dates, account names, batch numbers, and other data into patient account notes, the Accounts Receivable Billing System, spreadsheets and other tracking mechanisms.
- Post adjustments and write off reversals from A/R Follow up when necessary; Assist with cash work bins, resolving unapplied cash, and refunds as necessary.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Associates Degree or certificate of completion from a billing and coding school preferred.
- One (1) year prior related office work experience required. Previous cash reconciliation, accounting or cash handling experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of Payor-specific requirements and guidelines for Cash Posting Department.
- Understand Medical transportation and billing processes;
- Add, subtract, multiply, divide, and handle complex calculations with efficiency and accuracy.
- Proficiency in the accounts receivable billing system and use of Internet tools, (e.g., Internet mapping programs, eligibility websites, and address search engines).
- Understand Insurance Terminology and Medicare, Medicaid/Medi-Cal, private insurance billing guidelines.
Integra Connect, LLC provides a comprehensive benefits plan
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance beginning the 1st of the month following your date of hire
- Paid Time Off
- 401k with employer match
- Paid Holidays and Floating Holiday
Equal Opportunity Employer