The Billing Supervisor manages assigned staff to ensure the efficient, smooth and effective day-to-day operations of coding and trip entry activities. Adheres to budget and enforces established policies and procedures. The Supervisor ensures the timely and accurate entry of all ambulance claims. Supervisor must be willing to travel between satellite offices.
- Monitors trip entry inventory and delegates work as appropriate to ensure individual and team quantity and quality goals are achieved.
- Ensures all data entry batches are closed and ready for posting each day.
- Works with pre-billing team to ensure all billable transports are accounted for and entered into the billing system.
- Researches trips with conflicts timely.
- Maintains an expanded knowledge base and thorough understanding of the billing system.
- Assists with developing and enforcing standardization of daily work flows to promote best practices.
- Conducts routine one on one and team meetings focused on work performance, improvement opportunities and recognizing accomplishments.
- Provides excellent service to internal and external customers.
- Collaborates with other departments to resolve issues as needed.
- Reviews timecards and monitors attendance making sure to adhere to company policies.
- Develops/enforces Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) of the department.
- Communicates clear expectations, will coach and counsel staff when needed.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Obtain and Maintain a Certified Ambulance Coder (CAC) certification
- 5 years’ experience in medical billing, required; experience in ambulance billing preferred. 3 years’ supervisory experience, required.
- Medical care/medical transportation (patient care issues, how patients are transported by ambulance, required documentation, common issues which arise during transport and/or billing)
- Rules/regulations of Medicare/Medicaid and other government payors as well as commercial insurers and specialty contracts to ensure accurate and timely billing and payment of claims
- Healthcare billing, collections and other support functions including: audit, patient complaint, grievance processing, bid preparation, regulatory compliance
- Medical and insurance industry terminology
- Condition codes, ICD-10 codes, CPT codes and HCPCS coding schemes
- Hospital processes, including functions and processes of Emergency Rooms and Admissions offices
- Hospital information systems, including data stored and prominent functions which occur in the following departments (Admissions, Medical Records, Order Entry, Discharge Planning, Patient Accounting)
- HIPAA, Sarbanes-Oxley, and other critical governmental regulations
- Management principles
- EVHC/AMR business models
- Develop and document policies/procedures, SOPs, and reports
- Assist in the evaluation of new tools to improve work flow and work methods
- Maintain fluency with (working knowledge of) various tools:
- Billing systems (e.g., AM2000/Jaguar, AMBPAC)
- Spreadsheet, word processing/presentation tools (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Database and query tools (e.g., Access, Monarch, SQL, IMACCS)
- Companywide financial and operational databases (e.g., OutlookSoft)
- Bank lockbox and reporting systems
- Payors’ A/P systems
- Time-keeping, Payroll, Human Resource Information System tools (e.g., Kronos, Oracle)
Integra Connect, LLC provides a comprehensive benefits plan.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance beginning the 1st of the month following your date of hire
- 401k with employer match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays and Floating Holiday
- Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer
|Job Category||Billing Administration|