The A/R Follow-up Representative is responsible for for maintaining industry standards for the A/R they are assigned to for all carriers in regards to aging, collection rates. This position will also post contractual and courtesy adjustments as needed; be responsible for the follow up on all outstanding insurance and patient claims; will work the aging reports as directed by the A/R Manager, be responsible for lowering the aging insurance A/R to acceptable standards, and help in the preparation of spreadsheets and aging analysis for meetings with insurance carriers and the resubmission of claims.
- Review, modify as necessary, and re-bill rejected/denied claims in “queue” by assigning appropriate insurance carrier, utilizing the billing address and/or payor prefix.
- Process “queues” within appropriate timeframes, (e.g. claims status checks, appeals of denied claims).
- Recode private pay, commercial insurance and HMO claims, assigning proper condition codes/ICD-9 codes/procedure codes into the Accounts Receivable Billing System and re-file claims as necessary.
- Update appropriate modifiers, based on origin and destination of trip and change insurance claims as necessary.
- Create narrative in the Accounts Receivable Billing System to document status of trip for use in claim appeal process.
- Ensure that charges are billable to a particular commercial payor, based on the payor’s criteria, as needed; Resolve payment issues with carriers.
- Resolve payment issues with carriers, (e.g. denials, partial payments, etc).
- Appeal claims as necessary.
- High School Diploma or GED required; Associates Degree or certificate of completion from a coding and billing school preferred
- Must pass new-hire and department-specific testing.
- Must have two years experience billing electronic and paper physician claims
- Knowledge of Terminology on a PCR, Hospital Face Sheet, and/or a CAD Sheet.
- Proficient in the Accounts Receivable Billing System and Internet, (e.g. Internet mapping programs, eligibility websites, address search engines).
- Understanding of Government coverage guidelines, filing limits and necessary prior authorizations; knowledge of Payor-specific requirements for one or more geographical areas and/or financial classes.
- Able to make Distinctions between ALS/BLS/SCT/Gurney/Wheelchair/CCT levels of service.
- Knowledge of ICD-9 coding/condition codes and procedure cod.
- Experience with Managed Care contracts, Medicare and Medicaid.
Integra Connect, LLC provides a comprehensive benefits plan.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance beginning the 1st of the month following your date of hire
- Paid Time Off
- 401k with employer match
- Paid Holidays and Floating Holiday
Equal Opportunity Employer
|Job Category||AR Governmment|